How To Install BeTheme In WordPress
- First, you’ll need to install the theme itself: Go to Appearance > Themes and then click on the blue Add New button.
- Click on the blue Upload Theme button and select the .zip archive that you had downloaded from Themeforest.
- After installing the theme you’ll be prompted to install the plugins that go along with it. As shown in the video above, click on the top notification from the page and install the plugins that are required as well as the optional ones that you may require to use.
- Next, we recommend removing the widgets that WordPress imports by default to make sure you don’t have extra junk in your sidebars.
- Now go to the section of the Pre-Built website by going to Appearance > BeTheme Pre-Built Websites. Here, you can browse all of the pre-built websites that BeTheme has to offer.
There are over 500+ designs to choose from and there will be a new one added every week! As you browse the available designs, not that you can filter the pre-built websites to find exactly what you need. You can find pre-built websites for your business or entertainment website, for a creative portfolio, a blog, agency, one-page, or a shop! You can also search by using the search form as well.
Import Your Selection of Pre-Built Website
- Click on the design’s thumbnail and you’ll see more information. If there are any plugins that this pre-built website needs you’ll be notified here.
- You can also click on the “Live Preview” to see a concept of how your site will look, as well as the great looking pages that come with it. Having these content templates to use as building blocks will save you hours of time.
- After you’ve clicked on the install button, you’ll be prompted to do a database reset, that’s not necessary.
- You can also do the import on an existing site. If you do that, you need to know that the current theme options will be overwritten. Note that the new pages or posts that come with the new website will be added as well. A lot of users want clear and new installations so “this option is for that”.
- Once the pre-built website has been successfully installed the only thing left to do is install the slider. Click on Import Slider and select the .zip archive made for your choice of pre-built website. You can find these archives from the BeTheme .zip archive that you downloaded from Themeforest.
Change your decision?
If at any time you’re unsatisfied with your decision or would like to start over with a clean slate you can start from scratch by going to
- Installing the database reset plugin.
- Once installed and activated you’ll have the option to install the full rebuilt website or chosen data only.
- Go to Tools > Database Reset
- Now activate BeTheme and it’s plugins again
- Like we had done earlier, make sure to delete the default widgets.
- Then you can go install the pre-built websites over by following the same steps from above.
That’s it! Now you know how to install BeTheme in WordPress and you instantly have a completely designed and built website ready for you to edit!